It’s officially ‘steal your boyfriend’s hoodie’ season, but for the single women out there, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered, and not just with hoodies but many more winter wear for women. Get yourself some cosy, warm and stylish winter wear for women and slay this season. Not sure which winter wear fits your style? We’re here to help you in that department by breaking down a few chic and stylish winter wear for women that you need to get your hands on asap.
Although, there are a few things you should consider before you shop for winter wear for women, like how cold it gets in your area during the winter and the right material (thermal, leather or polar fleece) for winter. Also consider the colour scheme of your already existing wardrobe, so that when you purchase winter wear for women, you have clothes at home that go along with the new ones.
- Pullovers – Pullovers are very hip and chic these days and a must-have for your winter wardrobe. You can style your pullover sweatshirts by either wearing them as a layer over a white collared shirt and going for a gossip girl vibe or you can simply just wear them as a winter top if it’s not that cold in your city. You can pair a pullover sweatshirt with loose baggy pants and sneakers.
- Cardigans – Cardigans are like winter jackets which are worn as a layered piece over a top. If your cardigan has buttons, you can style it by only buttoning it up from the middle and leaving the top and bottom buttons open. Since they are thick material-wise, you don’t have to worry about feeling cold so it’s pretty darn good winter wear for women where style is concerned.
- Half-sleeved sweaters – Also known as sweater vests, these sweaters are very popular and in demand. They come in cute designs and patterns like the y2k hearts and flowers, diamond print, loose knit, and plaid. They are usually styled over white full-sleeved shirts and tops, and since we are talking about winter wear for women, you can layer this cute sweater vest over a white full-sleeved sweatshirt for maximum warmth and comfort. You can pair this duo with loose-fit pants and shoes.
- High-neck jackets – Found in every other New Yorker’s wardrobe, a furry high-neck jacket is the cosiest and comfiest winter wear for women. Its thick furry coat keeps you warm and cuddly during chilly winters. You can also get sassy and chic by wearing it to parties or to a dinner date by wearing a bodycon dress underneath and heels or shoes, whatever comforts you.
- Lapel-collared jackets – If you are going for a formal yet chic look, wear a solid lapel-collared jacket over a top and a pair of jeans. You can use it for travelling and take it off once you are indoors and it’s warm enough.
Now that we’ve covered all the essential winter wear for women, it’s important you don’t forget the other winter essentials like beanies,Gloves, mufflers and shawls too. A muffler will go well with your lapel-collared jacket as well as a pullover sweatshirt.