Anarkali suits have been a popular choice for women in South Asia for centuries. They are elegant, traditional, and versatile, making them suitable for weddings, festivals, and other formal events. But with so many different styles, fabrics, and embellishments available, it can be overwhelming to choose the perfect Anarkali suit for your next event. That’s why we’ve put together the ultimate shopping guide for Anarkali suits to help you make an informed decision.
Understanding Anarkali Suits
Anarkali suits are long, flowy dresses that feature a fitted bodice and a flared skirt. They are named after the legendary Mughal dancer, Anarkali, who was known for her beauty and grace. Anarkali suits typically have a yoke-style bodice with a high collar and long sleeves, while the skirt is made up of multiple panels that flare out from the waistline.
One of the most important things to consider when buying an Anarkali suit is the fabric. Silk, chiffon, georgette, and cotton are some of the most popular fabrics for Anarkali suits. Silk is a luxurious and elegant fabric that is perfect for weddings and other formal events, while cotton is more lightweight and breathable, making it ideal for summer occasions.
When it comes to Anarkali suits, there are countless designs to choose from. Some of the most popular designs include:
- Traditional Anarkali: This classic style features a long, flowing skirt and a fitted bodice with intricate embroidery or embellishments.
- Jacket-style Anarkali: This contemporary style features a long jacket or cape over the traditional Anarkali suit, adding an extra layer of sophistication.
- Floor-length Anarkali: This dramatic style features a skirt that is so long that it touches the floor, giving the wearer a regal and majestic look.
- Sharara-style Anarkali: This style features a flared skirt with wide-leg pants, giving the illusion of a dress while providing the comfort of pants.
Accessories can make or break an outfit, and Anarkali suits are no exception. When choosing accessories for your Anarkali suit, consider the occasion, the style of your suit, and your personal preferences. Here are some accessory ideas to get you started:
- Jewelry: Choose statement pieces that complement your suit, such as chandelier earrings, a bold necklace, or a stack of bangles.
- Footwear: Heels are the most popular choice for Anarkali suits, but you can also opt for flats or sandals for a more comfortable look.
- Clutch: A small clutch or wristlet is perfect for carrying your essentials while adding a touch of elegance to your outfit.
Once you’ve chosen your Anarkali suit and accessories, it’s time to style your outfit. Here are some tips to help you look your best:
- Hair: Updos are a popular choice for Anarkali suits, as they showcase the high collar and intricate embroidery of the bodice. However, you can also opt for loose waves or a simple ponytail.
- Makeup: Keep your makeup simple and elegant, with a focus on the eyes or lips.
- Fitting: It’s essential to ensure that your Anarkali suit fits you perfectly. Avoid choosing a suit that is too tight or too loose, as it can ruin the entire look.
Anarkali suits are a timeless and versatile choice for women in South Asia. With so many different styles, fabrics, and embellishments available, it’s easy to find the perfect Anarkali suit for any occasion. By following our ultimate shopping guide,