Layers keep being added as the day goes on, every time they get a little touch-up in the office bathroom or a whole new makeover for the after-hours parties. Either way, from the first final look in your hallway mirror to ending the day standing in front of the same mirror, makeup for us ladies comes in different patterns and packages. For some it is the reapplication of mascara everywhere and for others the compact is no longer optional, it is a necessity.
However, a common mistake that we deliberately choose to ignore is removing makeup completely before retiring for the night, allowing the face to pick up all makeup, tightening the skin over the years and causing skin problems such as acne and premature aging. That is why it is of the utmost importance that you learn how to remove makeup from your face every night before you go to dreamland.
The different teams to work with:
Makeup removal is not an extensive process, but it does require a lot of care and a little of your daily time. For starters, there are a few things that can be helpful for the best way to remove makeup.
These include hot towels, clean tissues, or medicated wipes, in case you have sensitive skin, cleansers or makeup removers of your choice. Usually you can use different custom sets of makeup remover from different categories, one for the eyes and one for the lips and the other for just the face.
The steps to follow:
- We Generally Prefer That You Remove The Other Obstacles From Your Face Before Working On The Skin And Therefore We Start With The Eyes First. Usually The Eyes At The End Of The Day Are Covered In Mascara And Eyeliners And Even Eye Shadows.
- You Can Simply Use Your Medicated Wipe Or Eye Makeup Remover On A Soft Cotton Pad To Complete This Process. Keep Your Eyes To One Side And Pull Out To Create The Grip As You Slide And Wipe The Eye Pads To Clean Them.
- Now We Move On To The Lips, Where You Get The Right Lip Removers That Erase All Traces Of Gloss Or Lipstick To Give Your Lips Their Natural Shine. You Can Use A Custom Makeup Remover Or Just Water Or Essential Oils To Get The Job Done.
- Now That You Are Done With The Two Outer Layers, Let’s Start With The Facial Skin, The Most Important Area Of The Lot. For Starters, People With Sensitive Skin Should Stick To The Medicated Or Extra Gentle Irritation Relief Wipes While Slowly Wiping The Wipes Across The Skin, Forehead First As They Move Towards The Cheeks, Covering The Bridge Of The Nose And The Recesses Near The Nostrils For Residual Collective Pockets. Then Finish The Process By Cleaning The Chin And Possibly Adjacent Neck Area.
- Immediately After You’ve Finished Cleansing Your Face Of Makeup, Use A Cleanser To Clean Up The Final Residue Before Using A Toner Or Moisturizer Of Your Choice To Retain The Moisture And Smoothness Of Your Now Bare Skin.
Before opting for a makeup remover, be sure to consider your skin type. If you are prone to acne, be sure to use acne medicated or sensitive skin kits and research how to remove makeup at home.
If you are prone to dry skin, be sure to apply plenty of moisturizer or night cream to reimburse your skin at night. If you have a tendency to oily skin, make sure the oil pockets are clear enough before applying makeup, as oily skin retains many stubborn dirt particles.
Tips on how to remove makeup at home naturally:
1. Coconut oil:
Coconut oil is an effective cleanser that can remove stubborn makeup with minimal movements. It contains no chemicals and works wonders on your skin. Unlike drugstore makeup removers. Coconut oil can soothe even sensitive skin and hydrate it.
How to use coconut oil:
- Take A Cotton Ball And Dip It In A Few Drops Of Coconut Oil.
- Using Circular Motions, Starting With The Eye Area, Gently Remove Makeup.
- After Makeup Is Completely Removed, Wash Off With A Mild Cleanser, Followed By A Moisturizer.
Milk is good not only for the bones, but also for the skin. It acts as a lightening agent and hydrates the skin. It is also a good makeup removing agent. The oils in milk can remove makeup in a jiffy, especially around sensitive areas like the eyes.
Here’s how to use the milk:
- Take A Cotton Ball And Rub It With Milk.
- Use The Soaked Ball To Gently Rub And Clean With Each Stroke.
Do you want to look as cool as a cucumber? The harsh summer sun, plus the load of makeup you wore to your best friend’s wedding night, can create trauma to your skin. Do not worry. Grab a cucumber from the fridge and discover a new way to cleanse your skin.
How to use it:
- Take A Cucumber, Peel It And Make A Paste Out Of It.
- Mix This Paste In Oil Of Your Choice, Olive Or Coconut And Apply It On Your Face
- Use A Soft Cloth Or Cotton To Clean Your Face
- Not Only Will You Find That Your Skin Is Makeup Free, But You Will Also Find It Refreshing.
4. Honey and baking soda:
If you are a person who likes to imitate your favorite Instagram celebrity and you experiment with loading your face with dozens of products, this cleanser can come to your rescue. Honey and baking soda can remove almost any type of makeup.
How to use it:
- Take A Clean Cloth And Dab Some Honey On It.
- Take A Pinch Of Baking Soda And Add It To The Honey.
- Gently Rub Cloth Over Skin To Remove Makeup.
Steam is the cheapest and most effective way to remove makeup. The steam opens and deeply cleanses the pores, drawing almost all makeup from the skin. You don’t even need a professional steam engine, just boil a pot of water on the stove and let the fumes do their job.
How to do it:
- Apply Steam To Your Face And Let It Sit For 5 Minutes.
- Take A Cloth And Clean Your Pores
- Don’t Sit Too Close To The Steam Or Overdo The Time
We hope you understand the importance of removing your makeup before going to bed. It can be a tough day and you may not wait to go to bed, but spending a few minutes on this regimen can keep your skin looking young and beautiful for years to come. Infecting, you can stop the aging process of your skin for quite some time. Take some time to clear up that makeup!