How to gain weight? Do you know something that food is also useful for gaining weight? Are you sad about your personality? Looking slim and fit is good, but thin as a cloth hanger is not at all attractive. Slim people spend a lot of money on different products to gain weight. Therefore, in this article we talk about foods to gain weight that are very useful for gaining weight.
Advantages of having a good diet to gain weight:
Proper nutrition helps more than just keep your body in shape; Combined with proper exercise, it is the catalyst for your overall well-being. A proper diet that is tailored to your body’s metabolism and lifestyle will keep you fit and help you develop the correct BMI. Your personality and your confidence also depend on your physical appearance; therefore, it is vital that you take the time and effort to look fit and attractive. Thin people try many methods to gain weight; however, short periods will not help you achieve a long-term result. In this article, we give you healthy food tips to help you gain weight fast and food list.
Do Foods Really Help You Gain Weight?
What Are Weight Gain Foods? Here you can learn easy foods to gain weight. Gaining weight will take a long time, especially if you have a high metabolism. Weight gain foods shouldn’t just add empty calories; they must also have a high nutritional value. Foods like milk, nuts, and cereals are not only natural foods for weight gain, they also help balance your metabolism, provide you with a rich source of protein, calcium, antioxidants, and many other vitamins and minerals, all essential to the weight gain journey! Experts suggest that consuming these foods can quickly gain weight, like lots of protein-rich foods, to become healthy.
Methods of Eating Healthy Foods to Gain Weight
What are also foods to eat to gain weight? The key to gaining weight is knowing your body well. If you are a picky eater, start with small meals spread throughout the day. Focus on quality and not quantity. Make sure your water intake is balanced and doesn’t hinder your appetite. When you eat, try to include a variety of foods to gain weight. Deficiencies in a specific nutrient can wreak havoc on your immunity and overall well-being, and this, in turn, will slow down your weight gain. Find below some foods high in fat, protein, carbohydrates, and vitamins.
What fruits help you gain weight?
Well, there is nothing like fruit to gain weight . They are fast and efficient. Let us know healthy foods to gain weight. These are the best foods for gaining weight.
Weight gain properties: Due to its properties, avocado is a food that helps you gain weight quickly. The high levels of carbohydrates in avocados are one of the strong reasons a perfect weight is considered to be gaining food. You can include a serving of this at any of your meals throughout the day. Avocado is one of the foods that should be consumed to gain weight quickly; As an added bonus, it also helps achieve smooth, nourished skin.
- Quantity Per 100 Grams
- Calories 160 | Total Fat 15 G
- Potassium 485 Mg
- Total Carbohydrates 9 G
- Dietary Fiber 7 G
- Protein 2 G
Weight Gain Properties: Foods to gain weight quickly also include banana. A banana plays a fundamental role in diet plans to gain weight . Banana is highly composed of carbohydrates and also provides a quick source of energy. It helps a lot to regain strength after a long exercise. Banana is a food that provides instant energy; therefore, you can consume it while playing any sport.
- Amount Per 100 Grams | Calories 89
- Potassium 358 Mg
- Total Carbohydrates 23 G
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 G
- Sugar 12 G
- Protein 1.1 G
3. Nuts and dried fruits:
Weight Gain Properties: Foods that should be eaten to gain weight quickly also include dried fruits. Nuts are also one of the best healthy foods for weight gain because they are a powerhouse of nutrients. It has abundant sources of fiber and is also a concentrated source of calories. In addition, it also contains minerals and vitamins that are essential for building muscle and general health. You must remember to choose nuts with unusual hair. You can consume them as a garnish in yogurts, ice cream, cereals and salads.
Nuts Nutrient Values:
- Amount Per 100 Grams | Calories 359
- Total Fat 2.7 G
- Sodium 403 Mg
- Potassium 164 Mg
- Total Carbohydrates 83 G
- Sugar 58 G
- Protein 1 G
- Vitamin C 93%
Nutrient values of walnuts:
- Amount Per 100 Grams | Calories 607
- Total Fat 54 G
- Saturated Fat 9 G
- Sodium 273 Mg
- Potassium 632 Mg
- Total Carbohydrates 21 G
- Dietary Fiber 7 G
- Sugar 4.2 G
- Protein 20 G
- Magnesium 57%
See more: How to gain weight in a healthy way
Ways to use vegetables to gain weight:
Here are some veggies for weight gain that work effectively.
1. Sweet corn
Weight Gain Properties: The best food to gain weight fast is also corn. Corn is a starchy vegetable. Its powdered substitute, that is, cornstarch or cornmeal, is an essential cooking ingredient. It should be noted that starchy vegetables will help to gain weight. Therefore, corn will help you store fat and is one of the best on the list of foods for weight gain. You can also choose to have a bowl of salted boiled corn for best results.
- Amount Per 100 Grams | Calories 86
- Potassium 270 Mg
- Total Carbohydrates 19 G
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 G
- Sugar 3.2 G
- Protein 3.2 G
Weight gain properties: Food to eat to gain weight properly is also a potato. According to nutritionists, the favorite vegetable, the potato, is the worst vegetable for those who watch their weight. It is high in starch and carbohydrates, and a large portion eaten frequently can lead to weight gain over time. Potatoes are a great source of carbohydrates as well as amino acids like arginine and glutamine. The potato also contains fiber, starch and vitamin C. Therefore; This is one of the best options for fast weight gain foods. Try to include this food daily in your meal if you are aiming for a fast path to weight gain.
- Amount Per 100 Grams | Calories 77
- Potassium 421 Mg
- Total Carbohydrates 17 G
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 G
- Protein 2 G
- Vitamin C 32%
Weight Gain Diary:
What are other foods to gain weight? The weight gain journal is a well known method. Other best dairy products for weight gain are,
Weight Gain Properties: Wondering which foods can put on weight quickly? Whole eggs are packed with protein and all the other nutrients the body needs. This ensures that the body receives all the requirements it needs and therefore helps in the overall development of lean muscles and body mass. Make sure to include at least one of them in your breakfast every day. Egg is one of the most effective weight gain foods, and it is an excellent food for weight gain.
- Quantity Per 1 Large (50 G) | Calories 78
- Total Fat 5 G 7%
- Cholesterol 186.5 Mg
- Protein 6 G
Weight Gain Properties: Foods that help you gain weight also include milk. Milk contains a large amount of carbohydrates and proteins. Protein provides the building blocks of the body for new muscles and also saturated fats are responsible for increasing efficient muscle growth. If you consume 100 ml of milk, it gives you 3.4 g of protein. Drinking at least two glasses of milk a day is within the recommended daily nutritional intake and provides almost 14g of protein. By drinking milk before bed, you have the potential to gain about 1 pound per week.
- Amount Per 1 Cup (244 G) | Calories 103
- Total Fat 2.4 G
- Cholesterol 12.2 Mg
- Sodium 107.4 Mg
- Potassium 366 Mg
- Total Carbohydrates 12 G
- Sugar 13 G
- Protein 8 G 16%
- Calcium 30%
- Cobalamin 18%
Weight gain properties: what foods to eat to gain weight quickly and safely ? Yogurt is the answer. Did you know that yogurt can also help you gain weight and is one of the top rated foods for weight gain? Yogurt comes with the goodness of milk and can result in effective weight gain without providing your body with a lot of calories. It also provides you with the protein and calcium your body needs.
- Amount Per 1 Cup (8 Fl Oz) (245 G) | Calories 149
- Total Fat 8g
- Saturated Fat 5.1g
- Cholesterol 32 Mg
- 113 Mg Sodium
- Potassium 379.75 Mg
- Carbohydrates 11.4g
- Sugars 11,4g
- Protein 8.5g
- Calcium 30%
Weight Gain Properties: What Foods Gain Weight Fast? Cheese! It is one of the high calorie foods for gaining weight. A serving of cheddar cheese provides approximately 69 calories. It is also high in protein, calcium, and fat, which leads to weight gain. However, it should again be consumed in moderation as it increases cholesterol. Cheese is one of the best and most effective foods to gain weight quickly.
- Amount Per 100 Grams | Calories 402
- Total Fat 33 G
- Cholesterol 105 Mg
- Sodium 621 Mg
- Protein 25 G
- Vitamin A 20%
- Calcium 72%
Fish and meat to gain weight:
Meat is a common source of protein useful for the weight gaining process. It is one of the best foods to gain weight. Let’s look at common fish and meat for weight gain and how this can complement our weight gain process.
1. Salmon and oily fish:
Weight Gain Properties: A favorite among fatty fish, salmon is known for its weight gain properties; It has unsaturated fats, omega-three fatty acids, and a large amount of protein and nutrients necessary for building muscle. It is one of the healthiest ways to add some mass to the body. Try to eat a serving of fish at least twice a week. It is one of the best weight gain foods to gain your weight in a short period.
- Amount Per 100 Grams | Calories 208
- Total Fat 13 G
- Cholesterol 55 Mg
- Potassium 363 Mg
- Protein 20 G
- Vitamin B-6 30%
- Cobalamin 53%
2. Red meat:
Weight Gain Properties: Meat is also one of the best sources of protein and results in effective increase in body weight. Red meat is one of the best foods for weight gain according to body builders. It can also provide you with some of the best fat burning items. Red meat is great when it comes to maintaining a calorie restricted diet.
- Amount Per 100 Grams | Calories 143
- Total Fat 3.5 G
- Cholesterol 73 Mg
- Potassium 421 Mg
- Protein 26 G 52%
- Vitamin B-6 35%
Cereals, beans and legumes to gain weight:
Here are some types of grains, beans, and legumes for weight gain that work effectively.
Weight Gain Properties: Rice is an excellent source of carbohydrates for weight gain. Consuming too much rice can be bad for you; therefore, the portion size must be controlled to keep the portion within healthy limits. Rice is a staple food for South Indians and will be ready for them to consume to gain weight. At the same time, it is one of the cheapest ways to gain weight, as rice is one of the most affordable foods out there and an essential part of a healthy diet. Rice also comes with some of the most useful vitamins that our bodies need on a daily basis. Rice has been shown to be one of the most important weight gain catalysts among grains.
- Amount Per 100 Grams | Calories 130
- Total Carbohydrates 28 G
- Protein 2.7 G
Weight Gain Properties: Nuts and oats are two of the main ingredients in granola that make it perfect for both energy and weight gain. A bowl of granola contributes around 500 calories to the body which leads to healthy weight gain. Make sure to include it at breakfast to reach your goals. Granola is one of the best foods for gaining weight.
- Amount Per 100 Grams | Calories 471
- Total Fat 20 G
- Sodium 294 Mg
- Potassium 336 Mg
- Total Carbohydrates 64 G
- Dietary Fiber 5 G
- Sugar 29 G
- Protein 10 G 20%
- Iron 16%
- Magnesium 24%
3. Whole grains:
Weight Gain Properties: Glucose is one of the main sources of dietary energy for the body, and whole grains are an abundant source of glucose. They are rich in carbohydrates necessary to gain weight. Whole grain offers consistent energy levels compared to refined grains like white flour.
Whole wheat bread, brown rice pasta, popcorn, and quinoa, as well as bagels, cereals that are made from whole grains are great meal options.
- Amount Per 100 Grams | Calories 265
- Total Fat 4.2 G
- Sodium 381 Mg
- Potassium 230 Mg
- Total Carbohydrates 43 G
- Dietary Fiber 7 G
- Sugar 6 G
- Protein 13 G
- Calcium 10%
- Iron 13%
- Vitamin B-6 15%
- Magnesium 19%
Oil to gain weight:
Many know the importance of oil to gain weight. Let’s look at different varieties of oil and how they are helpful and helpful in our weight gain process.
1. Coconut oil and olive oil
Weight gain properties: There is a misconception that oil is bad for our body; however, this is completely unfounded. The recommended portion of oil for your diet is a much-needed addition. To gain weight, focus on coconut oil and olive oil. Both are nutrient dense and packed with health benefits.
Coconut oil has the properties to protect your heart, kidneys, and cholesterol levels. It also has antiviral and antibacterial properties. One tablespoon of coconut oil is known to contain 116 calories and 14 grams of fat. You can use it during cooking and baking or mix it with your breakfast cereal.
Nutritional values of coconut oil:
- Amount Per 100 Grams | Calories 862
- Total Fat 100 G
- Saturated Fat 87 G
Olive oil is known to protect the heart. A tablespoon of oil contains 119 calories and 14 grams of fat. You can sprinkle it on salads, soups, stir fries, and over vegetables.
Nutritional values of olive oil:
- Amount Per 100 Grams | Calories 884
- Total Fat 100 G
- Saturated Fat 14 G
Protein shakes for weight gain:
Drinking protein shakes can be very nutritious and is a quick way to gain weight. Make your shakes, as the commercial versions are packed with sugar and lacking in nutrients.
Here are some varieties you can try. You can combine them with 2 cups (470 ml) of milk or almond milk.
1. Chocolate, banana and walnut smoothie:
- Mix Together 1 Banana, A Tablespoon Of Peanut Or Other Nut Butter, And A Tablespoon Of Chocolate Whey Protein.
- Serve And Enjoy!
2. Chocolate and hazelnut smoothie:
- Mix 444 Ml Of Chocolate Milk With One Tablespoon Of Chocolate Whey Protein, One Avocado And One Tablespoon Of Hazelnut Butter.
- Serve Cold And Feast!
3. Caramel apple smoothie:
- Mix Together 1 Cup Of Plain Yogurt, A Sliced Apple, A Scoop Of Vanilla Flavored Whey Protein, And A Scoop Of Sugar-Free Caramel Flavoring.
- Serve In Your Cup And Enjoy!
4. Vanilla Blueberry Smoothie:
- Mix Together 1 Cup Of Fresh Or Frozen Blueberries, 1 Cup Of Vanilla Yogurt, A Scoop Of Vanilla Whey Protein, And Sweetener If Needed.
- Serve And Drink Your Full!
All of these shakes have around 400 to 600 calories. These foods are rich in protein and other essential vitamins and minerals.
Foods to avoid in the weight gain process:
- Processed Red Meat Can Contribute To Serious Health Risks. So, Cut Out The Bacon And Sausage And Opt For Good Quality Turkey, Lamb, Or Other Similar Meats.
- Refined Carbohydrates Like White Bread And Sweets Can Cause Rapid Spikes And Drops In Energy Levels, Which Can Negatively Affect Your Activities Throughout The Day. Instead, Choose Whole, Unrefined Carbohydrates For Long-Lasting Energy.
- Low-Calorie Veggies Like Celery, Spinach, And Lettuce Are Healthy, But Filling Without Adding Too Many Calories. Instead, Opt For Higher Calorie Veggies. Some Suggestions Are Beets, Potatoes, Walnuts, Squash, Avocado, And Beans.
Necessary foods useful for your body:
- Egg Whites: The Body Actively Uses A Large Proportion Of The Protein In Egg Whites For Protein Synthesis. Egg Whites Also Contain Minimal Carbohydrates And Are A Source Of Vitamins And Minerals.
- Chicken / Turkey: Lean Meats Like Chicken And Turkey Breasts Are A Staple In All Weight Gain Diets. They Provide An Excellent Source Of High-Quality Protein And Are Deficient In Saturated And Trans Fats.
- Beans / Legumes: When People Think Of The Bodybuilding Diet, They Instantly Mean Lean Meats, But What They Don’t Realize Is That Beans And Legumes Are The Delicious And Nutritious Source Of Protein And Fiber.
- Lean Red Meat: Lean Red Meat Is An Excellent Mass-Building Food Source And Is Rich In Protein, Iron, Zinc, And B Vitamins. However, Since Red Meat Is Higher In Saturated Fat, It Does Not They Should Be Consumed Every Day.
- Low Glycemic Carbohydrates: Building Muscle Is Not Supported Solely By Protein. Slow-Burning Carbohydrates Are Essential For Fueling And Maintaining Your Muscles. These Carbohydrates Can Be Found In Foods Like Oatmeal And Sweet Potatoes, And Are The Best Pre-Workout Snack.
Additional tips to increase your weight gain:
- Let’s Look At Some Additional Tips And Facts That One Should Know To Jumpstart The Weight Gain Process.
- Seventy Percent Of Your Body Is Made Up Of Water.
- Your Muscles, Ligaments, And Tissue Cells Contain Water.
- Water Serves As A Medium For Transporting Protein And Nutrients To Muscle Cells.
- Sleeping Is Just As Important As Exercising.
- Proteins Are Essential For Muscle Growth.
Understand what will keep you motivated and work forward with your end goal in mind! Motivation is as important a factor as any of the essential foods you eat to be successful on this journey.
Frequently asked questions and answers:
Q1. How many glasses of water should I ideally drink to help gain weight?
Years: An adult needs 8 to 12 glasses of water regardless of whether we are trying to gain or lose weight. Maintain this at all times. Avoid drinking a lot of water just before a meal.
Q2. What portion of red meat is healthy?
Years: You should restrict the consumption of red meat to 70g per day, which equates to 500g per week.
Q3. What is the best substitute for lean meat for a vegetarian diet?
Years: Beans, lentils, other legumes, and soybeans are excellent alternatives to meat on a diet.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your caloric needs.